Here are all the course options for the 2021 Enrichment Summer Program
With the exception of Math Analysis (Pre Calculus), all of our summer Enrichment classes are based on the current Common-Core model. Integrated Math 1/2/3 follow an approved UC A-G curriculum. The classes listed below will be offered this summer. However, these classes wholly dependent upon the total number of students who qualify for initial summer placement.
Accepting Applications NOW!
Since its initial concept in 1988, Valdés Math has met its challenge to improve the mathematics educational landscape in Silicon Valley communities, providing a diverse learning environment. The ultimate goal of our program is for our students to successfully pass Calculus before graduation from high school. Our first step is to prepare them for success in Algebra before entering high school.
No matter where your student is on their learning journey, Valdés Math can help!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For 2021, all Valdés Math classes will be conducted online, and there will be no physical location for class instruction.
The 2021 Enrichment Program is a seven-week (28-day) summer math program, Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7-Week Enrichment Program
Start: Monday, June 14, 2021
End: Thursday, July 29, 2021
June (11 days)–Monday-Thursday:
14, 15, 16, 17
21, 22, 23, 24
28, 29, 30
July (17 days)–Monday-Thursday:
5, 6. 7, 8
12, 13, 14, 15
19, 20, 21, 22
26, 27, 28, 29
NOTE: Graduation will be held on July 29, 2021, the last day of the 2021 Summer Program.
If your child is currently in 5th-grade math or higher in regular school, then you may register him/her for our 2021 Enrichment program.
First of all, be sure to read all of our program-description pages. The online registration must be completed on or before June 1, 2021.
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and there is a discount for early registration.
For 2021, the total tuition cost per student is $1,425.00 (U.S.D.), although there are discounts for eligible students, so please read further below.
Yes! There are three opportunities for discounts:
- 2021 Sibling Discount: a $150 savings per sibling, but this discount may not be used in conjunction with either the 2021 Returning-Student Discount or 2021 Early-Bird Registration Discount. This discount is not exchangeable for cash.
- 2021 Returning-Student Discount: a $50 savings per student, but this discount may not be used in conjunction with the 2021 Sibling Discount(s). This discount is not exchangeable for cash.
- 2021 Early-Bird Registration Discount: a $50 savings per student (on or before on Friday, March 12, 2021), but this discount may not be used in conjunction with the 2021 Sibling Discount(s). This discount is not exchangeable for cash.
Each year, Valdés Math considers providing financial aid to families who can demonstrate great financial need and/or severe economic hardship (e.g., official documentation verifying a child’s free/reduced lunch status at school).
Please click here to apply for a 2021 Valdés Math Scholarship.
You will be notified as soon as possible once a decision has been made regarding your 2021 financial-assistance request(s).
For every student accepted into the Valdés Math program, there are many more placed on the waiting list. It is for this reason that we ask families to make an early commitment to Valdés Math. But we understand that things happen, so we do offer refunds.
Our 2021 refund policy is as follows:
- 90% refund for written requests submitted at or more than 30 days before the start of the program. For a 90% refund, written requests must be submitted via email on or before May 14, 2021. Note: An administrative fee of 10% will be automatically deducted.
- 50% refund for written requests submitted less than 30 days prior to the program start date. For a 50% refund, written requests must be submitted via email from May 14, 2021 to June 13, 2021.
- No refunds once the program begins (June 14, 2021).
To request a refund, please contact Mr. Bob Turner, the Program Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All refunds are processed in the form of checks and are mailed out within four (4) to six (6) weeks upon receipt of a written refund request.
All Valdés Math students, both new and returning, are required to take a placement test in order to determine enrollment in the appropriate summer course. Once the online registration application has been received, the parent/guardian will be contacted by Valdés Math as to the specific time, date, and location of the 2021 Enrichment testing. A student cannot “fail” these tests, since they are for placement purposes only.
Official summer transcripts are sent only to schools of record. For security reasons, official summer transcripts are never given to students, and they are not mailed or emailed to parents/guardians.
For any reason, before the end of the summer program, the parent/guardian may contact the Valdés Math Office to request a hold or stop to prevent any official summer transcript from being sent out to the respective school of record.
If you have any questions or concerns about this official transcript policy, then please email Bob Turner, the Program Director, at: email@example.com
That depends on your school or district. At the end of the summer program, the Valdés Math office sends out transcripts to each school and/or district of our respective summer students. These transcripts include information as to the specific class attended, the first- and second-semester grades received, the academic standards met during the course of the summer program, and the teacher’s recommendation for math placement. It is up to you, as the parent, to follow through on math placement. We will assist if asked.
For middle schools, most of our recommendations have been accepted for class placement. Awarding credit is based on the internal policy of the school and/or district.
If you are looking to take an Enrichment course for high-school credit, then please check with your child’s current high-school counselor to determine how our summer course(s) will be credited as part of your child’s overall academic transcript.
Most local high-school districts have accepted our course recommendations in the past and awarded credit to students who received such recommendations from us. Please note that some high schools may use any academic grades submitted by Valdés Math for advancement/placement purposes only and will not post summer academic grades and/or credits to any official high-school transcript.
For example, all ESUHSD students are now placed in math following the district sequence/pathway shown below:
Summer Enrichment Financial Aid Available
Learn more about how to qualify for a 2021 Valdés Math Scholarship for the Summer!
Total Cost: $1,425 per student (discounts available)
Total Cost: $1,425 (Discounts Available)
Registration Due Date: June 1, 2021
Applications now open.
Applying to the program is easy. Click the button “Registration Options” below to select your pathway! There are three registration options available: New Student, Returning Student and Multiple Children.
- 2021 Early-Bird Registration Discount: a $50 savings per student (on or before on Friday, March 12, 2021), but this discount may not be used in conjunction with the 2021 Sibling Discount(s).
- 2021 Returning-Student Discount: a $50 savings per student, but this discount may not be used in conjunction with the 2021 Sibling Discount(s).
- 2021 Sibling Discount: a $150 savings per sibling, but this discount may not be used in conjunction with either the 2021 Returning-Student Discount or 2021 Early-Bird Registration Discount.
Have a question? View our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Spend your summer with Valdés Math & see results!
Why we're different (and why we're the best!)
- Our summer enrichment program is 182 hours in length. It is the equivalent of 1 full school year, compared to other programs which are typically in session for fewer than 80 hours.
- With the extra time, Valdés teachers are afforded the opportunity to provide an in-depth learning experience rather than just skimming the surface of a variety of topics.
- For 2021, all Valdés Math classes will be conducted online, and there will be no physical location for class instruction.